Monday, March 8, 2010

March Madness

Why is it this time of year everything seems to be in high speed...everything except me that is. Kids are racing around faster, bills are rising quicker and work is getting busier but I seem to be slowing down to a almost stand still.

So with all good intentions i jumped into bed early last night to get a good nights sleep so i would be raring to go today...little did i know then that my 'good nights sleep' would start with me falling asleep at 4am and waking up at 6am to say goodbye to hubby. So with all good intentions i sent kids off to school and thought i'd jump onto the treadmill for at least 10 mins....little did i know that my detour to sit on my bed for 5 mins would lead to a 40 min nap. BUT my good intentions finally happened as i left to walk to work and then walked home again, now i'm not sure on the distance but its approx 1200-1300 steps for me each way and takes about 7 mins to walk down there. And my good intentions didn't stop there I hopped on the treadmill after some ME time and did 30 minutes!!! Woop Woop...very proud of that so yet another 2.35 kms to mark off my total goal of 1000kms.

Now I have come across the Healthy you challenge...see badge on side of blog for link....and i must say i have stumbled across a goldmine of motivation from the other bloggers. Wow is all i can say...i'm so impressed and i think i will be on my laptop more than I should be due to reading everyones blogs...but i'm loving it. Now Tuesdays are normally weigh in day for this wonderful blog but i can't weigh in until Friday because my scale battery died. So i will be posting as soon as i can weigh in.

Off to read some more blogs.......

Woop Woop

3 comments:

  1. Cool that you found HYC. It's great for motivation. :)

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I too struggled with even 1 push-up... but now am doing "real" pushups!! :)

    This challenge is great and it is amazing to see the results in just a few short weeks (wittled waist line as well as strength/endurance!)

    Good luck with your fitness/weight loss endevaors. Thanks for stopping by.

    http://randomramblings-rachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's awesome - good for you for continuing even though you didn't get the sleep you needed. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete