Tuesday, March 9, 2010

squats and sit-ups challenge

so after reading about this challenge on Rachel's blog i decided to check it out. So the idea is a six week challenge to improve endurance in hopes that by the end of the 6 weeks you will be able to do 200 sit-ups and 200 squats. Well the inital test was fun i tell you...i knew i was unfit but crikey!!! I managed 24 sit-ups and 21 squats (my poor knees). So i definatly have lots of improvement to be able to make.

So walking to work today i felt a twinge in my knee, crap i thought, I didn't want to feel it because i knew if i stopped for a couple of days to rest it it would be so much harder to get back into the swing of things but i didn't want to cause myself an injury. I walked slower wondering if it was really hurting or if it was more so in my head as I know that i used to be on the lookout for ANY excuse in the past to get out of exercising. It seemed okay at work and i walked home with no worries. I am yet to go on the treadmill today but will go on even if i do walk very slow and just do 15 mins. I don't want to miss a day as i know that will be the start of my downfall. Which is the main reason i hate Sundays, they make Mondays sooooo much harder to manage.

Well off to get motivated to get on that dreaded treadmill....

ETA: did 15 mins 1.09kms...not as much as i wanted but that twinge was popping up again so thought better not push myself and make it worse for tomorrow

Woop Woop

No comments:

Post a Comment